So, a few weeks ago my mom was talking with an old friend (Emily, this ones for you) who said she kept up with me on my blog, but that I don't post often (which is true). My mom then goes on to chide me for not keeping my blog updated. I then asked my mom if she had even been to my blog. . . she stuttered and then said no. I just found it ironic she called me about updating a blog she doesn't check. It made me laugh.
Well, life has been busy. At the end of July I was finished with my stint in Wyoming. That was a great project to be a part of. They essentially gave me two small portions of the project and told me to prep the bid documents, bid it, evaluate the bids, select a winner, and execute the plans. Which I did. Below is me standing in front of the project, as well as the civil drainage plan that I completed. Really the biggest thing you can see that I added was the road in the bottom left with the ditch.
As part of a safety precaution when we are fabricating pipe, we have a hydro test, where we pump water in to the pipe at 1.5 times the operating pressure, to make sure that the pipe will hold up to any problems. This is me standing by our pipe we are pressure testing. This is another one of those projects I was completely in charge of (but not without mentoring).
Below are some other favorites of mine. I did have to do one night shift that I got off at 3:38 AM. On my way back to the hotel I got out and looked at the stars. It has been a while since I had a chance to see the beauty of the skies and the Milky Way. The next one shows some bollards that I put in for the project. The triangle shape caused quite a stir with the plant, but it all worked out. And last of all is me in front of the sign leading you to the plant.
Since coming back to Texas I have been busy with training for work. A lot of training. And to let all of you know, I played with Legos during that training. In fact, it was a team exercise in choosing a contractor, and other items to aid in construction, with the objective to build the facility in the shortest time and as cheaply as possible; we didn't purchase any upgrades. Another guy and myself considered ourselves Lego pros and the whole team had already seen us in action; we set the new record for the activity. Little did you all know that playing with Legos in college would affect my career!
So, that is a quick update. I don't want to bore you all to tears. Oh, and Texas is hot . . . HOT in August. I went golfing last week and lost all of the water in my body.
Good to have an update. I vote for me...and unlike your mother I do look at your blog:)
ReplyDeleteWhen are you gonna be here again?
Thanks for the update. And for the record, you don't bore me to tears. You are probably the ONLY engineer that I can listen to for a long while and walk away saying I understood what was said.
ReplyDeleteDitto. When are you coming back for a visit?
You definitely need to update your blog from what I hear! You will appreciate putting up the whole story with all of the details... especially since all I hear is from Charles, who just relays the bare essentials!
ReplyDeleteIf you haven't posted your engagement on your blog then you don't update enough. By the way i just found this and I am excited to keep up with you. If your interested my blog is sandpmills@blogspot.com
ReplyDelete