Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tour of Korean Apartment

Well, I finally took a video of my apartment in South Korea.  The best part is the still shot that it shows below.  Don't I look good?  (Don't answer that)

Overall, the apartment is huge for a single person.  The quality is very nice, but there are a few things that I am still trying to get used to, such as:
  1. You have to turn on your hot water heater every morning.  Cold showers suck, so I learned really fast.
  2. To turn on the kitchen sink, you first have to hit a foot pedal that starts the water to it.
  3. Heating comes from the floors, so the tiles are nice and toasty sometimes.  While I like it, it is still something that I have to get used to.
  4. The bed is pretty hard.  It isn't bad as in hurting my bones (like my Mom says), but I will still be happy when I get my mattress pad.
  5. I have a bidet that I will probably never really use.
  6. I am still cleaning the fridge out to purge any kimchi smell that resides inside.
  7. Automated lights at the front door.
  8. Each apartment has a PA address system.  Last night, some women was speaking for about 10 minutes acrossed it.  Luckily  the building wasn't on fire, because I would not have understood that.  Maybe she was telling a bed time story.
  9. I have found 2 channels that are in English: BBC World and CNN International.  Piers Morgan is what I watch in the morning while I am getting ready.  I am so glad that Larry King retired.
Have fun looking at my apartment.  I will keep posting.



9 comments:

  1. Wait-you're living in South Korea? Where was I when this happened? You'll be there for 18 months? And where's the dryer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so the end of your video made it seem like a cloverfield video or something. you're talking all normal, then a siren goes off and suddenly you have to go and now you have us all wondering if a giant dinosaur is tearing up south korea or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ending your video on a siren probably isn't making your mom worry less :) Your apt is HUGE! That's awesome. Richard says try the bidet, you'll love it. You've never felt so clean and fresh. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should have made your bed before you took us on a tour... looks like a nice place! Reminds me of China a little. Hope you have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your apt is ginormous! The light through all those giant windows must be amazing!! That would be such a fun adventure. Can't wait to hear more about where you live. Maybe it will motivate me to want to visit Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice luxury apartment! I knew I should have gotten a job instead of doing a PhD program. I'm definitely visiting you out there.

    The Kimchi *aroma* can never be purged. Just embrace it Jason. While you're at it, Richard's right, embrace the Bidet too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad we got to see you before you left the U.S. of A - the apartment looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, I believe the "dryer" is what Jason referred to as the place he was going to hang "stuff." Kelli, I agree with Richard...embrace the bidet, or let it embrace you...or something like that. There really isn't a feeling quite like it! Dan, I was going to make a comment about the kimchi and you, but I don't think it was going to come across quite the right way in print (besides, I'm still a little sensitive to the word kimchi, after we made it in 6th grade science class and everyone started calling me kimchi for kim g...very clever). Jason, feel free to delete my ramblings! :) Your place looks amazing. Enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally remember making kimchi with Kim G....stunk to high heaven. What a fun adventure for you Magoo! I had no idea you were moving to Korea. And I'm totally jealous of all your space. My apt in LA is half that size and we jam four people into it.

    ReplyDelete