So the most frequent question I get right now about my stay in Wyoming is: "what do you do up there?" And I don't think that they are asking me about my career.
This is how a day in the life of Jason looks like right now. Wake up around 5:20 AM and begin to hit snooze for about 20 minutes. Finally roll out of bed and get ready for the day. As I leave the hotel I grab some yogurt and the little breakfast bag that they provide for us. I hop in my Equinox and get my iPod already to play some of my podcasts: ESPN Around the Horn, ESPN PTI, Planet Money, It's All Politics, The Economist, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and This American Life. (I love this stuff since I am sick of my own music). The drive is about 45 minutes.
Arrive and start work. Then I finish work and start back home. I setup my bluetooth headset so once I get out of the dead spots in my cell phone coverage, I can call family and friends.
Once back in town, I either go grab something to eat at one of the 5 fast food joints or I just eat the dinner that is provided at the hotel. With my food I go back to my room, start up an episode from Lost and sit back and relax. I am halfway through the 4th season, after starting in March. I am very much a fan now.
After Lost I have a varied routine. Sometimes I have watched as many as 3 episodes in a row. Maybe I sit down and read (tonight I read 100 pages in The Hunger Games). Go work out. Or, and a lot of you will roll your eyes when I tell you this, I played the beta of StarCraft 2.
I try to go to sleep sometime after 9:30 PM (not always successful, especially if I am at a great part of a book). Then I wake up and do it all over again.
Until Friday when I leave straight from the site to drive home to Utah.
So far, I have spent 3 months in Wyoming. I will almost spend a total of 5 when all is said and done.
Anyone want to come visit? My suite has a hide-away bed :)

Sweet. Especially Starcraft :)
ReplyDeleteGive Elantris a shot (from the Mistborn guy).
Oh, I just say your "Books Finished 2010" list. And there's Elantris! :)
ReplyDeletetyler and i love "wait wait don't tell me." awesome stuff!
ReplyDelete:)
You could always go check out Cokeville in your spare time:)
ReplyDeleteHow are you liking the Hunger Games? Have you finished it yet?!
I am loving the Hunger Games. After 3 days, I only have 100 pages left.
ReplyDeletethe hunger games was awesome! and lost is awesome! just wait, it gets even better. i'm glad you found something to do in wyoming...
ReplyDeleteIf it were up to my dad, I would have grown up in Wyoming. Good thing my mom was around to stop that!! Otherwise I'd be as bored as you :)
ReplyDelete