
Being on the road all the time makes keeping a good diet quite difficult. I love subway, but sometimes I get bored of that. Then I thought to myself, "self! pizza has got to be good for you, right?"
This is right from Pizza Hut's website:
Pizza can be part of a well-balanced meal. Ingredients in our pizzas include protein, complex carbohydrates, vitamin A and calcium. And, depending on the toppings you choose, our pizzas have items from all of the four major food groups – meat, dairy, fruits and vegetables, and grains! So take a closer look within our menu for suggestions when counting calories and fat grams.Doesn't that sound like a child's argument? "Look, mom! Fruits and veggies, it has got to be good." (Well it is a sound argument in my mind).
Now look at their brochure: The average slice of pizza is about 400 calories. 400 calories! And tonight I ate 4 of them. That is 1,600 calories. All my running only canceled out 1 slice. I think that I can even feel the cheese sliding through my veins.
If only pizza (at least more than a slice per meal) could be part of my daily diet. . . You know, Burger King has meat, grains, veggies, and fruit (tomatoes)! Maybe that will be my next stop. . .
Here's to healthy living!
This reminds me of that Cosby sketch. "And then the ingredients to chocolate cake ran through my head. Milk. Eggs. Wheat. And I said, 'You want chocolate cake for breakfast? You got it.'"
ReplyDeleteI've always thought that pizza gets a bad rap as a "junk food." But Pizza Hut makes some sound arguments. I'm a convert --- pizza for every meal.
ReplyDeletehehehehehahahahehehehe. That makes me feel so good about the 4 slices I ate last week. hehehe. So much for losing the weight I put on during prego months
ReplyDeleteDang...I just got a pizza stone. I guess it's not going to help me in my goals to eat more healthy! :)
ReplyDelete