It was a game of six players that quickly turned into a game of 3 strong players, and 3 weak players. Weak = Me, Matt Haggard, and Tyler Russell. Strong = Rachel Moon, Steve Carr, and the team of Randi Tucker and Cali Dansie. The weak players were not rolling strong or had moved too quickly and got picked off. The strong players all had a continent, : Steve = Africa, Rachel = S. America, and the team = Australia. Weak = nothing. I had been trying for Europe, but was thwarted by Rachel who placed too many people on Ukraine (Ukraine was not weak this game) for me to attempt a take over. I was rolling horribly. I did not have that many armies, and fewer countries. I was falling behind.
A small sliver of sunshine came into the game when I saw that I was going to be able to turn in some cards and get twenty armies. Tyler was hanging on by the skin of his teeth, so I leaned over to him and told him to let me kill him. So he thinned out his players on Rachel, who then retaliated, making it easier for me to wipe Tyler off the board. After doing so, I got his cards and then I started my diplomacy.
The team of Cali and Randi had just been festering out in Australia. They had a huge army that no one player was going to be able to take down on their own. I had a set to turn in for something like 40 armies, but I also thought I was just going to lose. So I told everyone, if you do not attack me, I am going to turn in and kill Cali and Randi as much as possible. (I really thought I would just even the game and die). Now, my 40 armies would have never been enough to break into Australia, let alone wipe them out, but then something beautiful happened, all the other players decided they wanted to whittle down Cali and Randi as well. Mind you, they asked where I thought they should attack to help me out. I saw I had a chance. Steve took out a huge army in India. Matt shaved China down to almost nothing. Now all of a sudden, my 40 armies could easily take out the team! Victory was imminent. I went down and took out Australia and got some more cards. Now I was in charge! The little weak armies were now dominating. I also had 6 cards and two sets. But my turn was over.
My friends who played call me a worm. Somehow I manipulated by foes into doing my bidding because they thought me nothing but a fly on the wall. Let that be a lesson to all of you about underestimating your foes! Finish them off when you have a chance:)
P.S. I bet I never win again if I play with that same group:) Also, one of my agreements was that it would be a joint victory with Tyler. Congrats, Tyler! You can be my VP of the world.
WOW Jason! World domination is not an easy task. I don't think i've ever won a game of risk. Nice work.
ReplyDeleteWow I actually felt like I was there....but I'm not sure that was a good thing. I've never heard anyone be so excited about the most boring game in the world :) (actually now that I think about it, I've never played it...but I'm sure it's boring and that's why I've never wanted to)
ReplyDeleteto all who ally with Jason in risk...beware...and watch your back...im just sayin
ReplyDeleteyou always were ruthless when it came taking over things. what was that nickname we gave you? uh...Hitler? Is it bad to share that with bloggerville? haha. no really though, good job.
ReplyDeleteI just want to say 'Amen' to Kelly's comment.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, Dan, it's Kelli with an "i". Second, Jason, it makes me happy to know that you still get so into Risk just like the old Glennwood days. Third, Kelli doesn't know what fun is. She thinks Risk is boring and she doesn't think I am funny so obviously she has no sense of what true fun is.
ReplyDeleteby the way that was Richard not Kelli
ReplyDeleteRisk is awesome! All of you who agree with me will have a place in my new world order. I am still the "Korean Dictator." And Kelli, even though you may think it was a boring game, at least you complimented my writing. I mean, you felt that you were there:)
ReplyDeleteAnd Lindsey, thanks for bringing that out into the open. We will have to renew old rivalries in Settlers!