
It is good to be back in Utah. It just doesn't feel like the holidays in Texas for several reasons: 1) it doesn't feel like the holiday season when you are wearing shorts, 2) you have yet to feel the temperature dip below 50F, 3) you don't have snow, and 4) I hadn't shopped for Christmas gifts. I love snow (see above).
Believe me, my mind had a really hard time knowing it was November when I was wearing shorts. I almost felt like I was living in a surreal world. And sadly, when it actually did snow in Houston and got below freezing, I was in Nigeria where it was 95F and 100% humidity. The little bit of snow meant the entire city shut down. To be honest, I was glad to be in Nigeria; Texans struggle driving in dry conditions. If you know what I mean:)
But Texas has made me a wimp. I get here to Utah and I have started to complain about how dry it is. I lather up on lotion and cry because my lips are cracking. This is pretty cold weather; my body hasn't had time to adjust yet from 95F (in Nigeria) to 32F. So give me some time. At least this year I think that my body will be able to adjust, next year I think that I will have acclimatized to Texas.
This last month has just been crazy travel. I came home for Thanksgiving, then flew out of Houston on the following Monday for Nigeria. I got back from Nigeria on Dec. 16th, had two days in Houston and then I drove back home with a friend from Houston (who was moving back to Provo and needed some company). I don't want to brag, but we made it home in a total of 28 hours. We drove 1,400 miles and slept for only six hours. If it is up to me though, I will never make that drive again:) Once was good, twice is enough.
Now that I am home, I am doing my Christmas shopping. I wouldn't have had room to pack it all and bring it up (on a plane nor in a car). So shopping has made it feel a bit more like Christmas, along with the snow (have I already said that?).
This is just a random update post, if you haven't noticed. Below is a picture of a bottle of Malarone. I finished up my regimen of it today. It is a chemoprophylaxis, or anti-malarial drug that I had to take because I went to Nigeria (you start the drug 2 days before you go, during the trip, and then for 7 days after the trip). So not only is Nigeria dangerous due to militants and crime, but it is dangerous because of mosquitoes. Nigeria was awesome (from what I got to see). No worries, I will put up some pictures about Nigeria soon.
Jas-glad you made it home (and I mean to UT, not TX) safe. It was fun seeing you yesterday.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTEXAS made you a wimp? ;) lol!
ReplyDelete