Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I am Back!

All my adoring fans, I am answering your numerous pleas to post. . . or maybe the lack of your pleas shows that you just can't live without my posts. In that case, I may not have anymore fans. . . Well, in any case, I am back to post!

For all of you who think that I am about to do some posting about my Europe trip I am actually not going to do that right now. I have to wade myself through about 2,500 photos to find the ones that I most like. I think that I will then post according to each city that I stayed in:
  • London, England
  • Paris, France
  • Rome, Italy
  • Sorrento, Italy
  • Florence, Italy
  • Venice, Italy
  • Interlaken, Switzerland
  • Bern and Basel, Switzerland
  • Shannon, Ireland
  • Edinburgh, Scotland
But for this post, I wanted to provide access to some of the most amazing music ever created: TURBO FOLK! The music is from Serbia. Dan and I were talking about it and I just have to make sure that all my friends know the glory of such music. Listen for the crazy electrical instruments (I think they electrified the accordion in some of these).



This awesome video is from a performer named Stoja. The name of the song is Mesec Sija (The Moon Shines). Again, notice the awesome accordion.

My favorite song to display the awesomeness of this music is called Evropa by Stoja. Here is a URL if you are curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvPjBeRvST0

I will give you one more awesome display of the music. This is by a woman named Dara.



I hope you enjoyed the adventure to the land of Turbo Folk. The music is like their "Country Music" for Serbia. The first time I heard the music on my mission I thought, "this is going to be a long two years." I couldn't believe how popular it was in the pop culture. Anyways, this post is mainly for Dan.

3 comments:

  1. Double click... and added to my ipod in the playlist "electric accordian essentials." But it didn't quite make "accordian essentials," because I have another CD for that (which has somehow survived in my backpack to my surprise).

    It made my day as soon as I saw the accordian guy... But I had to turn it off after two minutes.

    Can't wait for your Florence post. Also Mr. Wong's in Basel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew- it's a good thing you got back when you did because I was about to shrivel up and die without a post from you! But I'm ok now. Thanks, Jason, for saving my life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude i can't wait to hear your stories :)

    ReplyDelete