Friday, May 15, 2009

Master McGee

It is finally official! At about 11 am on May 14th, 2009, I passed my thesis defense (with revisions of course). I am now done with school for a long while. You can all now call me Master McGee, I will even accept Master Magoo.

I thought that the thesis defense was going to be super hard, but I was pleasantly surprised. Reasons: I wrote my thesis really well so there were not that many questions, my professors really liked me, or they were really busy and didn't have a lot of time to ask questions. Even though they may have not peppered me with questions, they did provide some good input so I can go back and make my thesis that much more credible.

I cannot tell you how satisfying the feeling was when they told me that I had passed. I drank, ate, and dreamt my thesis for about the last two months. The picture below was me just goofing off and enjoying the moment:)

This semester was a lot of fun for me. My classes were really small. I had one class that there was only one other student and another with a total of three! We all got along well, so that was a lot of fun. One picture below is the three of us studying for our advanced traffic engineering class and the other is my last FINAL EVER! As I walked out, I wanted to get a picture of the other two still working hard:)
Another cool thing was that our entire apartment got to walk for graduation. (I am the only one that didn't officially graduate this April, because of my thesis).


So what am I up to now? Just finishing the small revisions on my thesis. A week from the defense I should be all done with school. I will then finish preparing for Europe and then just get ready to go to Exxon.

Here are a few more pictures from graduation:)

8 comments:

  1. Does this mean you can finally be on LOTR, Master McGee? You can wear your cape and hood... you will need a staff. Perhaps they have one in Europe. Congratulations roomie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't call me Master Kim, so I'm going to refuse to acknowledge your new title.

    The picture with the cougar is a quite... well... something. Come on folks, we were all thinking it.

    These are the kinds of mocking you can expect in Italy, Switzerland, Ireland, and Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Also, you need to call me so I can tell you how to maximize your 3 days in London. (I've been to Paris and Edinburgh as well, so if you need help with that I'm all over it as well.) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is pretty satisfying to be done :) congrats to you, master magoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations man! that's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I actually saw you graduate, because my husband graduated in EE too. I quietly cheered for you. :) and did you see the couple at the very end that had their 3 kids with them? Yeah. Bruce Pinegar. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magoo-nice work! But you'll always be Dangerous Magoo to me:)

    ReplyDelete